Thursday, February 12, 2009

Works In Progress

Below are two pieces on which I am working.

This is a pastel painting of the garden at Lion Hill, a place that now exists only in my memory. I am using an old photograph from 1965 as the model for this picture. I still have quite a bit of work to do on this one.



This one is an acrylic on canvas of the view from the ferry terminal at Anacortes, Washington. It's almost done except for the foreground and a few details around the water and some extras in the sky.

4 comments:

Ikow Designs said...

You're one talented lady, Martha! =)

SuzeesJubileeZ said...

I love the distant hills in the landscape

Drawn to The Sea said...

You have a gentle hand, Martha.
I like that.

Jamie Ribisi-Braley said...

Beautiful!! These look as though they're almost finished!

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry Davis Thoreau